First Christian offers you the opportunity to worship with fellow believers. We meet together at 10:30am each Sunday for Biblical teaching, singing, Scripture reading, partake of the Lord’s Supper (Communion) and an opportunity to give back to God.
We gather together as one body in response to God’s greatness, honoring and praising Him for who He is and what He has done for us. We do this for a number of different reasons:
- God commands it. Hebrews 10:25
- There is a Biblical pattern of gathering together.
- It glorifies God.
- God’s presence comes in a special way. Matthew 18:20
- We need to “bring an offering and come into His courts”. Psalm 96:8
- We’re called to encourage one another. Hebrews 10:25
- We build each other up as we worship God. Colossians 3:16
- Public proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus through the Lord’s Supper
- It’s a picture of Heaven. Revelation 4 & 5
- We need the preaching of God’s Word in our lives
Come visit us at 10:30am on Sunday mornings as we expect to encounter a Living God.